- 3/4 cup fresh cranberries
- 1/4 cup white granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- Splash of orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Fresh English Thyme leaves
- Gin of choice
- Tonic of choice
- In a small saucepan, mix together the cranberries, sugar, water, splash of orange juice and vanilla extract.
- Cook for 10 to 15 minutes, pressing the cranberries with the back of your spoon until they pop.
- Add the fresh thyme and smash with the back of your spoon--this will release its aromatics.
- To assemble the cocktail, add about 1 fluid ounces of syrup to each glass.
- Top with a few cubes of ice, 2 fluid ounces of gin and then top with tonic. Mix and garnish with fresh sprigs of thyme.