- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cubed into bite-size pieces
- Olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed through garlic press
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Pinch or two black pepper
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon coriander
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- 4 middle eastern-style flatbreads
- Arugula greens
- Sliced tomatoes
- Spicy Garlic Sauce
- Place the cubed chicken into a medium-size bowl, and drizzle in about 2 tablespoons of olive oil; add in the garlic, plus the remainder of the ingredients up to and including the paprika, and using your hands, toss all of the seasonings/spices very well to coat the chicken.
- Using 4 bamboo skewers, skewer the chicken so that there is equal portions of meat on each skewer, and allow the chicken to marinate for about 20 minutes, or even overnight, if making ahead.
- When ready to grill, place a grill pan over medium-high heat, and drizzle in a little oil; once the oil gets hot, place the chicken skewers into the pan, and cook them for about 6-8 minutes, turning them occasionally so that they get a bit charred on all sides, or until cooked through; allow them to rest, lightly covered with foil, for about 5-10 minutes; then, remove the chicken cubes from the skewers and set aside.
- To assemble, add a little drizzle of the Spicy Garlic Sauce onto the flatbread, followed by the greens; then, add a couple of slices of tomato, and about one skewer-worth of the lemon chicken; drizzle over a generous amount of the Spicy Garlic Sauce, and fold the sides towards the middle to form a “wrap”.
How To Make Spicy Garlic Sauce
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup sour cream or full-fat, plain Greek yogurt
- 3 cloves garlic, pressed through garlic press
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 2-3 teaspoons sriracha
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Pinch black pepper
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- Add all ingredients to a medium-size bowl, and whisk together until completely smooth and creamy; use immediately, or keep in the fridge, covered.