Ginger passion fruit syrup
- 200g sugar
- 500ml water
- 1 x 5cm piece of ginger sliced
- pulp and seeds from 10 passion fruit
- juice and zest of 2 lemons
- light rum
- soda water/sparkling water
- fresh mint
- lemon slices
- To make the syrup, bring the sugar and water to a boil in a small saucepan.
- Once the sugar has dissolved, add the passion fruit, ginger and the lemon juice and zest and remove from the heat. Allow to cool.
- To serve, pour a little of the syrup into a glass filled with ice then add some light rum and fill up with soda water. Add the mint and lemon and serve.
- Alternatively, combine all the ingredients in a large jug.