- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2/3 cup finely chopped cilantro
- Juice of 1 lime
- 4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Habanero pepper, minced
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound large shrimp, cleaned, peeled, tails
- Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl, minus the shrimp. Stir well to combine, taste for salt. Add in the shrimp and marinate in refrigerator for 45 minutes, no more than 1 hour.
- Preheat grill to medium heat for 10 to 15 minutes, about 325ºF. I have a charcoal grill. Remove shrimp from refrigerator 20 minutes before cooking.
- Divide the shrimp, including the marinade into two foil packets, seal shut. Cook on grill with lid closed for 5 to 7 minutes, checking after 5 minutes. Remove from grill and let sit for 5 minutes before serving. Yields up to 4 servings as an appetizer.