- 1.5 lbs skinless fish fillets
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- Juice of one large, juicy lime
- 3 large garlic cloves, peeled
- 5-6 bird’s eye chilies, more or less depending on your heat tolerance
- a handful of fresh cilantro leaves
- Place the fish fillets in a heatproof dish in a single layer.
- Chop the garlic and chilies finely. It's important to chop them as opposed to pulverize them; otherwise the flavor and smell will be too overwhelming.
- Sprinkle the garlic-chili mixture over the entire surface of the fish fillets.
- Mix together the remaining ingredients, except cilantro, together. Taste it to see if adjustment is needed in terms of saltiness or sourness, then pour the mixture over the fish.
- Cover the dish with a piece of foil and steam in a steamer until the fish is fully cooked.
- Remove the dish from the steamer, sprinkle fresh cilantro leaves over the steamed fish, and serve immediately.