- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces ground beef
- 1 teaspoon Emeril's Essence Creole Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 8 ounces velveet, cubed
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup canned diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup canned chopped green chiles
- 1/4 cup salsa verde
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium high heat. Add ground beef, Emeril's Essence, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper, to taste. Cook until browned, about 3-5 minutes, making sure to crumble the beef as it cooks; drain excess fat and transfer to a plate.
- Add velveet to the saucepan, stirring until melted. Stir in Monterey Jack cheese, diced tomatoes, green chiles and salsa verde until well combined. Stir in ground beef and cilantro until heated through, about 1-2 minutes.