- ¾ cup pomegranate syrup or molasses
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 12 large mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 frenched lamb rib chops, about ½-inch to ¾-inch thick
- 1 cup fresh pomegranate for garnish
- fresh sprigs of mint for garnish
- Blend the pomegranate syrup or molasses, vinegar, mustard, garlic, mint leaves, honey, olive oil and salt in a blender or food processor until smooth. Pour into a gallon size zip-close bag.
- Add the chops to the bag. Squeeze out the air and seal the bag. Turn slowly so the marinade coats the chops. Refrigerate for 30-minutes.
- Move oven rack 5 to 6-inches from broiler. Heat broiler to high. Line the bottom of an oven broiler pan with foil. Place broiler pan grill on top.
- Remove chops from marinade and shake off excess. Place on broiler pan grill. Broil for 4 minutes. Turn and broil 3 to 4 minutes longer or until temperature reaches 145°F for medium rare.
- Garnish with pomegranate seeds and mint sprigs before serving.