- 1.5 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ½ cup low fat Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 10 oz can Ro-Tel tomatoes, drained
- 8 fat- free flour tortillas
- 15 oz. can low salt tomatoes, drained and diced
- ½ package (-1 ½ Tbsp) McCormick Enchilada Sauce Mix
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a medium-sized baking dish with non-stick spray. Place chicken breast in the dish and back for 30-35 minutes or until done. You may also boil the chicken breasts in a large pot for 15-20 minutes or until done. Place the chicken on a plate to cool, then dice.
- While the chicken is cooking, mix the Ro-Tel and low salt tomatoes with the enchilada sauce mix. Remove 1 cup and set aside. Add ¼ cup grated cheese and diced chicken and mix well.
- Spray 13’’ x 9 ‘’ baking pan with non-stick spray. Divide the tomato- chicken mixture evenly onto the eight flour tortillas. Roll and place in the pan, seam side down. Pour the reserved sauce over the enchiladas. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees F. Five minutes before it has completed cooking, remove the pan from the oven and sprinkle the remaining cheddar cheese over the top.
- Do not replace the aluminum foil. Return to the oven for the last 5 minutes of baking. Makes 8 servings. A serving is one enchilada.