- 5 to 6 bread slices or 8 to 9 baguette slices - whole wheat bread, oats bread, brown bread or white bread
- 2.5 to 3 tbsp salted butter at room temperature
- 1.5 tsp finely chopped or minced garlic
- 1 tsp finely chopped celery
- black pepper
- grated mozzarella + cheddar cheese
- preheat the oven to 180 degrees C/356 degrees F.
- mix the finely chopped garlic and celery with the butter and stir briskly till the butter become smooth, light and fluffy.
- slice the bread from the loaf or baguette.
- spread the garlic butter on the bread slices.
- if using unsalted butter, sprinkle some salt on the bread.
- top with grated cheese.
- place the bread on a cookie sheet or wired rack and keep in the pre heated oven.
- bake in the preheated oven at 180 degrees C/356 degrees F, for 7 to 8 mins or till the cheese melts.
- if you want the cheese to be golden and the bread to be toasted very well, than you have to bake for a longer time.
- remove and slice the toasts.
- serve cheese garlic toast hot sprinkled with red chili flakes and with a cheesy dip or guacamole or tomato ketchup.