- 2 quarts fresh strawberries
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 3-ounce package strawberry flavored gelatin
- 1 shortbread pie crust, pre-baked
- Wash strawberries and pat dry with paper towels. Hull and slice in half. Set aside.
- Whisk together sugar and cornstarch in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add boiling water, whisking until it has thickened. Remove from heat and whisk in vanilla extract, lemon juice and strawberry gelatin. Allow to cool completely to room temperature.
- Place strawberries into pre-baked shortbread crust and arrange to the final result you would like for your strawberry pie. Pour the cooled filling over top of the strawberries, being sure to coat them completely. Refrigerate until the strawberry pie has completely set, about 1½ - 2 hours.