- 3 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup canned pumpkin puree* (or fresh)
- 1 (10 ounce) bag mini marshmallows
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups crispy rice cereal
- 2 oz white chocolate candy melts (Or Ghirardelli White Chocolate Baking Bar)
- 24 mallowcreme pumpkins (optional)
- Generously spray a 9x13 baking pan with non-stick spray. I used an 11x7 because I like thicker treats - go with your preference. Set pan aside
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium-low heat. Add the pumpkin puree and continue to cook until it is warmed through. Fold marshmallows, stirring frequently until almost completely melted. Stir in vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and salt, and remove from heat.
- Allow the marshmallow mixture to cool for 20 minutes or until it is at room temperature (failure to cool the mixture will result in soggy rice krispie treats.) Add the cereal and stir until combined.
- Pour mixture into prepared baking pan and gently spread out evenly. I sprayed the back of a large spatula with non-stick spray and gently pressed the mixture without packing it down. Allow to set for about 30 minutes before cutting into squares.
- Store in an airtight container up to one week. You could even cut these treats into pumpkin shapes or decorate with regular candy corns.