- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 sweet potatoes, scrubbed clean, peels on
- 1 and 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup granted 2% sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 medium avocados, peeled, pitted, and diced
- 2 tablespoons non-fat or 2% plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 3 ounces bacon (about 4 slices)
- 3 tablespoons freshly chopped cilantro
DirectionsPlace rack in upper and lower thirds of your oven and preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line two rimmed baking sheets with foil, then brush with 1/2 tablespoon olive oil each. Slice potatoes into 1/2 to 1/4 inch cross-sections (use a mandolin if you have one.) Arrange slices in a single layer on the oiled baking sheets, then brush tops with remaining olive oil. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon salt and black pepper. Roast for 20-25 minutes, until golden brown underneath, rotating the pans 180 degrees and changing their positions on the upper/lower racks halfway through. Flip, then roast for an additional 8 minutes. Remove from oven, sprinkle with cheddar, then return to oven and bake for an additional 3 minutes, until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the avocado, Greek yogurt, lime juice, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, and smoked paprika. Mash lightly with a fork, but still leave the mixture slightly chunky. Set aside.
Fry bacon in a large skillet over medium heat, then remove from pan and set between two paper towels set atop a dinner plate. Blot away excess grease and, when cool enough to handle, chop into small pieces.
Once the crisps have baked, top each with a dollop of the avocado mixture, chopped bacon, and cilantro. Serve warm or at room temperature.