- 1 cup whole black grapes
- 1 cup whole green grapes
- 2 oranges, sliced into rounds
- 1 lemon, sliced into rounds
- 1 lime, sliced into rounds
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 750 ml bottle fruity red wine, such as Pinot Noir or Beaujolais
- 12 ounce can ginger ale
- Colored sugar, for rimming glasses
- Rinse and de-stem grapes, then pat dry. Spread in a single layer a baking sheet, then place in the freezer at least 2 hours before you plan to serve.
- In a large glass pitcher, combine 1/2 of the orange slices, lime, and lemon slices. Add the brandy and cinnamon stick and stir gently to combine. Slowly pour in the wine. Refrigerate sangria for at least 2 hours or as long as overnight.
- When ready to serve, add the ginger ale to the pitcher and stir gently with spoon. To sugar the glass rims, place the colored sugar on a plate, then rub an orange slice around the glass rim. Dip the rim of each glass into the sugar, coating well. Fill glasses with frozen grapes and reserved orange slices, then slowly pour in the sangria.