- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup water + 2 cups water
- 3 cups fresh strawberries, hulls removed
- 3/4 cup fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 3/4 cup vodka
- 1/3 cup Cointreau liqueur
- Additional strawberries and lemon slices for garnish, if desired
- Add sugar and 1 cup water to a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally, until sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat and add remaining 2 cups water. Add to the pitcher of a blender along with strawberries, lemon juice, vodka, and Cointreau. Puree until completely smooth.
- Pour into a large freezer-safe container and seal with lid or plastic wrap. Carefully transfer to freezer. Freeze until solid, 4-6 hours.
- Remove from freezer. Scrape with a fork to loosen ice; stir with a spoon to mix ice and the rest of the ingredients back together if necessary. Spoon into glasses, decorate the glass with a strawberry and a lemon slice if desired, and serve with a straw and a spoon.