- 2 russet potatoes, medium sized, baked
- 4 slices bacon, chopped into ½ inch dice and cooked
- 2 Tbls unsalted butter
- 1 Cup shredded cheese of your choice
- 2 Tbls sour cream, plus more for topping
- 2 scallions, sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- After your potatoes are baked, let them cool on the counter for about 20 minutes.
- Take a knife and slice them down the center long ways and scoop out the insides, keeping the skin intact.
- Place insides of potato in a bowl, add half of the bacon, all of the butter, 2 Tbls of sour cream, half of the cheese and salt and pepper to taste.
- Place this filling back into the potatoes skins, top with the remaining cheese and put back into the oven at 375 degrees until the cheese has melted and it has warmed through. About 5-10 minutes.
- Top them off with more sour cream, the remaining bacon and scallions.