- 8 ounces high-quality white chocolate, broken into small pieces
- 1⅓ cups heavy cream
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest, plus a bit more for garnish
- 1 teaspoon fresh-squeezed lime juice
- fresh blackberries, for garnish
- Microwave chocolate in 15-second intervals until chocolate is almost melted. Stir to fully melt and set aside. In a small saucepan, heat ⅓ cup of heavy cream until just about boiling, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat, pour hot cream over chocolate and stir to blend well. Using the electric mixer, beat the chocolate mixture for several seconds. Let cool slightly.
- In a separate bowl, whisk egg yolks until pale in color. Fold egg yolks, lime juice and zest into the chocolate mixture. Let cool in the fridge, or over an ice water bath.
- In another bowl, whip remaining 1 cup of the heavy cream to nearly stiff peaks. Using a spatula, gently fold half the cream into the chocolate mixture. Then fold in the remaining heavy cream.
- Use an electric mixer to whip the egg whites in a clean dry bowl until stiff peaks form. Stir some of the whites into the chocolate mixture, then fold in the rest.
- Divide mousse among 6 dessert cups or glasses and cover each one with plastic wrap. Refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight, until set. Garnish each serving with blackberries and grated lime zest.