- 1½ lbs. chicken thighs
- ½ cup low sodium soy sauce
- ¼ cup oil
- ¼ cup vinegar
- ¼ cup bourbon
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon crushed or fresh sliced ginger
- 4 cloves crushed garlic
- 4-5 green onions, cut into thirds or sliced
- 1 cup uncooked basmati rice
- The night before: Combine the soy sauce, oil, vinegar, bourbon, and brown sugar in a bowl. Whisk until combined. Place the chicken in a baking dish with lid and pour the sauce over the chicken. Toss in the ginger, garlic, and half of the green onions. Cover and marinate overnight.
- The day of: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Uncover the chicken and bake directly in the marinade for 45 minutes, basting the chicken with the sauce periodically and/or turning the pieces upside down to get them baking in the sauce on both sides. Cook the rice according to package directions.
- When the chicken is done, turn the oven temperature to broil and bake for an additional 5-10 minutes to get a nice, browned exterior on the chicken. Remove and serve whole or cut, with extra sauce and scallions, over the rice.