- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 1/4 lb)
- 2 teaspoons olive or canola oil
- 1Heat gas or charcoal grill. In small bowl, mix chili powder, brown sugar, lime peel, salt, garlic powder and ground red pepper. Rub both sides of chicken with oil, then with spice mixture.
- 2Place chicken on grill over medium heat. Cover grill; cook 10 to 15 minutes, turning once or twice, until juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut (170°F).