- 2 lbs ground turkey, extra lean or 1.5 lb leftover cooked turkey, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 large onions, diced
- 4 large celery stalks, chopped
- 3 large bell peppers, chopped
- 14 oz can red kidney beans, drained & rinsed
- 14 oz can any white beans, drained & rinsed
- 28 oz can tomato sauce or crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups water or low sodium chicken broth
- 1 tbsp chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, minced or to taste
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp taco seasoning, all natural
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
DirectionsPreheat large skillet on high and add ground turkey. Cook until brown, stirring and breaking into small pieces with spatula, occasionally. Transfer to a large crockpot. If using leftover cooked turkey, skip the browning step.
Return skillet to medium heat and spray with cooking spray. Add garlic, onion, celery, bell peppers and saute for 5 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer to a slow cooker.
Add remaining ingredients to slow cooker, cover and cook 8 hours on Low or 4 hours on High. Reduce cooking time to 5 hours on Low and 3 hours on High, if using cooked turkey. Serve hot.