- 7-8 ounces uncooked rice noodles
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (about 1 lime)
- 2 tablespoons peanut or sesame oil
- 1 pound raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 clove garlic, minced or grated
- 4 red chillies, seeded + chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into matchstikes
- 1 cup whole roasted cashews
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
INSTRUCTIONSBring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the rice noodles according to package directions, leaving the noodles with just a bit of a bite as they will continue to cook in the sauce. Drain the noodles.
In a bowl combine the honey, fish sauce, soy sauce, hoisin sauce and lime juice. Set aside.
Heat a large sided skillet or wok over medium high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of the peanut or sesame oil and the shrimp in an even layer. Sear the shrimp until cooked through, about 2-3 minutes per side. Remove the shrimp from the pan. Add the second tablespoon of oil and the garlic, red chillies and red peppers. Saute for 3-5 minutes or until just soft. Add the cashews and stir fry for about a minute. Add the sauce and the shrimp back to the pan, stir and cook one more minute. Add the noodles and stir for 2-3 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the green onions and cilantro. Serve.